- Also a warm season grass which means it loses colouration during winter months, although it also recovers colouration very quickly when it gets warmer.
- Cynoden has a finer texture and thus has a softer feel.
- It performs better than other varieties in hot temperatures and needs less watering and care/maintenance
- Cynoden is commonly found on sports fields and Africa Lawns has been responsible for notable sports fields i.e. Orlando Stadium, Loftus Versfeld, Mbombela Stadium, Leopard Creek and Sun City golf courses, where they have made use of Africa Lawn’s Cynoden grass.
- Treatment suggestions are normal KAN or 2:3:2 fertilizers for quick results.
- If possible mowing with a roll blade gang mower is ideally suited although not strict necessity
- Less watering needed although that does not mean that no water is needed and it still remains an important part of maintaining a beautiful lawn